Lots of twins have a special connection - being able to finish each other's sentences; sensing what the other is thinking; perhaps even knowing when the other is in trouble or in pain - but for 12-year-old twins, Matt and Emily Calder, the connection is beyond special. Together, the twins have extraordinary powers - they are able to bring art to life, or enter paintings at will.
Matt and Emily were introduced in John and Carole E Barrowman's first fantasy novel for young people, Hollow Earth. Their thrilling adventures continue in the sequel, Bone Quill, which was released in the UK on 7 February 2013. Bone Quill was published in the US on 9 July 2013 by Aladdin Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. The cover for the US edition has now been released (photo right).
Bone Quill is available for order from all good booksellers, including Amazon.
- Read an exclusive extract from Bone Quill
- Order Bone Quill from Amazon UK
- Order Bone Quill from Amazon US
The AudioBook of Bone Quill, read by John, was released by AudioGO on 18 February 2013 and is now available for order.
- Photo: Bone Quill signing event, Bluewater
- Article: Bone Quill Visit to Writhlington School
- Article: Bone Quill signing in Bath
- Video: John and Carole visit St Katherine's School
- Video: John and Carole visit Erskine Stewart's Melville Schools
Interviews and Reviews
- Article: PopMatters - 29 March 2013
- Interview: Daily Mail - 15 March 2013
- Review: Cultbox - 15 February 2013
- Review: Bookwitch - 10 February 2013
- Interview: Cultbox - 4 February 2013
- Review: ASMZine - 3 February 2013