Lots of twins have a special connection - being able to finish each other's sentences; sensing what the other is thinking; perhaps even knowing when the other is in trouble or in pain - but for 12-year-old twins, Matt and Emily Calder, the connection is beyond special. Together, the twins have extraordinary powers - they are able to bring art to life, or enter paintings at will.
Matt and Emily were introduced in John and Carole E Barrowman's first fantasy novel for young people, Hollow Earth. Their thrilling adventures continue in the sequel, Bone Quill, which was released in the UK on 7 February 2013. Bone Quill was published in the US on 9 July 2013 by Aladdin Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. The cover for the US edition has now been released (photo right).
Bone Quill is available for order from all good booksellers, including Amazon.
- Read an exclusive extract from Bone Quill
- Order Bone Quill from Amazon UK
- Pre-order Bone Quill from Amazon US
The AudioBook of Bone Quill, read by John, was released by AudioGO on 18 February 2013 and is now available for order.
Bone Quill Signing Events (UK)
Buster Books have announced that John and Carole will attend the following book signing events:
Tuesday, 26 February 2013 - 3.45pm
Waterstones, 38 Avenue Centre, Newton Mearns
Glasgow G77 6EY
Wednesday, 27 February 2013 - 11.45am (likely to be limited to one hour)
Waterstones, 128 Princes Street
Edinburgh EH2 4AD
Saturday, 2 March 2013 - 2.30pm
Waterstones, Bluewater West, The Village, Greenhithe, Kent DA9 9SE
Sunday, 3 March 2013 - 12 noon
Waterstones, Oracle Centre, Reading RG1 2AG
Monday, 4 March 2013 - 4.00pm
Waterstones, 2A The Hayes, Cardiff CF10 1WB
Tuesday, 5 March 2013 - 1.00pm
Waterstones, 4-5 Milsom Street, Bath BA1 1DA
Wednesday, 6 March 2013 at 4.00pm
Waterstones, 33 Lower Mall, Cribbs Causeway
Patchway, Bristol BS34 5GF
Everyone must have a copy of Bone Quill for signing, though John and Carole will also sign their other books if attendees have these in addition to Bone Quill. They will not be able to sign any other items. Photos may be taken as they are signing but there will not be time for posed photos.
- Photo: Bone Quill signing event, Bluewater
- Video: John and Carole at The Avenue, Newton Mearns
- Article: Bone Quill Visit to Writhlington School
- Article: Bone Quill signing in Bath
- Video: John and Carole visit St Katherine's School
- Video: John and Carole visit Erskine Stewart's Melville Schools
Interviews and Reviews
- Article: PopMatters - 29 March 2013
- Interview: Daily Mail - 15 March 2013
- Review: Lancashire Evening Post - 28 February 2013
- Review: Cultbox - 15 February 2013
- Review: Bookwitch - 10 February 2013
- Interview: Cultbox - 4 February 2013
- Review: ASMZine - 3 February 2013